SoloSol Movement is the creation of sisters, Charlene & Trina Solomon. Founded in 2014, with the inspiration to create active wear that blended fashion, fitness and functionality.
It was on one of their adventures together that the idea for SoloSol Movement was born. Charlene & Trina decided to hike Mt. Whitney (14,505 feet). They spent weekends hiking and camping together to train for the big day. It was during these practice hikes that they realized how much being sisters connected them on a deeper level and allowed them to work together with ease.
It was also during this time that they discussed the importance of what you wear. Clothing is not just functional. Clothing is expression. What you wear allows you to convey your style. It can boost your mood. It can improve your day. They started to imagine the possibilities of what they could create. With this mindset, they set out to design activewear for the adventure seeking, wild hearted, and free spirited!
Their collections are designed with an emphasis on figure flattering fits and fabric that moves with your body. Each collection tells a story with captivating colors and limited edition unique prints. Each print is conceptualized and custom designed by the sisters. They strive to create styles that balance comfort, functionality and style. Many of their designs blur the lines between activewear and everyday wear, allowing you to transition from your workout to the rest of your day with ease.
Charlene & Trina have always been dreamers! They encourage you to create the life you want to live!
Get to know us better...
• We live in 2 different states. Trina-Manhattan Beach, CA & Charlene-Austin, TX. This makes it challenging to run a business together.
• We both work full time jobs. Trina is a Marketing Director and does freelance photography. Charlene is an Account Manager and volunteer Youth Mentor. We both look forward to the day when SoloSol is big enough to be our only focus.
• We both love the outdoors . Trina loves tropical beaches and Charlene prefers to be in the mountains.
• We grew up in Michigan with parents who taught us a love of travel. Our favorite destination is Bali, Indonesia (where our clothing is made).
• We are 5 years apart and shared a bedroom growing up. When Trina was starting high school and thought she was cool because she had makeup, Charlene was in elementary school and still playing with barbie dolls. Charlene was constantly getting into Trina’s stuff.
• We are best friends. We don’t see each other or talk as often as we like but when we do, we have the best time! We even speak our own nonsense language that only we understand.
• We are both pretty shy. We love people and connecting but aren’t usually the most social. If you see us, say “hi.”
• We are very silly and goofy when we are together (often to the point where we annoy others around us). We take every opportunity to do something funny and laugh at everything.
• We are very similar but have different strengths. Charlene is business minded and manages our finances. Trina is more creative and designs all of our prints.